Practice-orientated seminar for laboratory users—Introduction to the laboratory
This workshop is a mixture of presentations and a practical section for visitors. It will give an overview of the basic but very important methods of working in a laboratory.
|Speaker||Christian Lipok, M. Sc. Chemie
Faculty of Chemistry, University Duisburg-Essen
|Date||September 21–22, 2017|
|Time||Session 1: 11:00–12:00
Session 2: 14:00–15:00
What you can expect and learn in this hands on workshop:
- Wearing protective clothing
- Selecting, using and taking off gloves and disposable gloves, hygiene in the laboratory, washing / cleaning hands, applying cream
- Labeling chemicals / samples
- Storing chemicals, pay attention to sorting
- Disposing of chemicals, broken glass, tubes, needles, etc.
- Using fume hoods
- Various types of water
- Pipetting, from glass pipettes to Pasteur pipettes
For registration click here.